Thinking about buying your first home? To make the pre-approval process seamless, assemble these financial documents then give us a call at (888) 354-6228 ext. 7500:
- Your credit report. Obtain a copy as early as possible and scour it for accuracy. If time permits, pull your credit report three months before you seek pre-approval so you have time to rectify any unexpected issues or mistakes. Each major credit bureau must provide one free credit report annually to consumers requesting a copy. To obtain a report visit annualcreditreport.com or call (877) 322-8228.
- W-2 forms. Make copies from the past two years.
- Paystubs. Copy your two most recent ones.
- Financial account statements. Collect statements (including retirement accounts) from the past few months.
- Information on vehicles you own. Include make, model, and resale value.
- Credit card account information. Include numbers and types of cards, balances and minimum payments.
- Auto-loan account information. Include account numbers and statements.
- Other loan account information. Think student loans and personal loans.
- Gifts. If you’re fortunate enough to have any money for your down payment gifted to you, identify how much and where it will come from. Be prepared to document that it’s a gift and not a loan.
Once you have all your documents and personal financial information assembled, you’re ready to get pre-approved at Orange County’s Credit Union.