Should you consider a balance transfer? We’ve laid out a few key areas of consideration in this blog post. Once you’ve decided that making a balance transfer to your Platinum Mastercard is the way to go, it’s simple to submit your request online.
1. Log in to your account at orangecountyscu.org and click on your Platinum Mastercard Credit Card account. A new tab will open with your credit card details.
2. From the Account Services drop-down menu, click Balance Transfer.
3. You’ll need to enter your CVV (3-digit code on the back of your card) and then click Continue.
4. On the following screen, please tell us about your balance transfer. First enter the dollar amount ($100 minimum). Then, enter the account number. Fill in the institution name which is the issuer of your other credit card. Enter the payment address. You can locate the payment address by reviewing your latest account statement.
5. Once you’ve filled in all the fields, click Submit.
It typically takes 3 business days for us to electronically pay off your other credit card. If your credit card doesn’t accept an electronic pay off, a check will be issued and that may take a bit longer. It depends on the other lender’s processing timeframe.
Rate for a balance transfer ranges from 9.99% APR to 17.99% APR based on your creditworthiness. The APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. Minimum transfer amount is $100. Transfers may not be completed if they exceed your credit limit. If your balance transfer exceeds your credit limit, you will be prompted to enter a new balance transfer amount that does not exceed your credit limit. Review all terms and conditions for complete details. Rates subject to change without notice. Call us for your exact rate.
Balance Transfer Fee: Balance Transfer transactions are subject to a fee of two percent (2.00%) of each amount of the balance transfer that is posted to the account during the billing cycle. However, balance transfer fee shall not be less than $5.00 or greater than $50.00 for each balance transfer.